Health For All Programs - Stay Healthy!
UHPhealth aims to address social determinants of health thus, develops several projects to solve issues that affect and impact health. We believe in comprehensive care that incorporates healthcare, environment, and leveraging existing resources to achieve healthy living.
Healthy Homes Healthy Environment (3HE) Program
The aim of this program is to provide a clean living home and environment t osenior citizens and people with disabilities, who are unable to perform these activities and unable to afford the cost. The team members for thias program conduct activites such as:
- Periodic yard cleaning and landscaping
- Pressure washing driveways and home exterior to wash mold off their homes
- Home inspections for energy efficiency (Heat and A/C)
- Healthy environment benefit education and coaching to stay clean
- Hygiene supplies distribution
- Food and drug inspection ( home health services if needed)
- Assistance with benfits navigation
- Mobility screening (transportation from and to places)
- Benefits and health coverage Navigation Services
- Chronic disease prevention and management classes including nutrition
We also work to provide homes and environments cleaning services to our seniors and people with disability in our community who are unable to perform these activities and/or cannot afford them.
In order to have a healthy and supportive family life, we offer families coaching, counseling assistance, and general support to single parent and multi-parent households. We help families organize and plan field trips, family game nights, and family days out as a way to balance healthy living.
Children & Youth
As a part of healthy growth, our children and youth programming aims to conduct activities for empowerment including academic mentoring, life coaching, and community engagement.
After School Program
This program is offered for 1st – 8th graders in partnership with Senior High School Students. Seniors mentor youth and tutor students in the areas of Science, Engineering, Math, Technology, and English. The program is offered Monday – Friday with each day dedicated to a specific focus area or activity. This program is currently offered only at Rancho Verde Apartments.
You Are a Champion
This program is a direct mentor-ship program designed to include life coaching, career development, scholarship navigation, youth entrepreneurship, interpersonal development classes, and ESL classes for immigrants and refugee youth.
UHPhealth will frequently host weekend event in an effort to keep children and youth to further educate and engage youth in healthy living education. Classes include but are not limited to physical education, nutrition, cooking, language, and world studies.
In an effort to address health disparities, education, and cultural and social integration, we offer a wide range of support services including:
- English as a Second Language (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Refugees’ Health & Nutrition
- Personal Hygiene Education
- Academic & Career Orientation & Development
- Student Mentoring & Coaching
- Transportation Assistance & Education
- Financial, Banking, & Credit Report Education
- Assistance to housing and home-ownership
- Legal counseling and social justice